Private Residence in Moscow | Complex automation solution for private high-end mansion
Reality Logic were engaged to design and deliver a complex automation solution for a high-end private residence in the Moscow area. The brief was to bring together a wide-ranging and changeable set of technologies into a cohesive, seamless and high-quality bespoke system, that would feel completely intuitive to a client who is used to the very best.
One of the biggest challenges in this project was to realise the demanding requirements of the client as quickly as possible. To do this Reality Logic had to bring together the multiple technologies with a ‘can do’ attitude to find a solution to the client’s requirement, and not force the client into a solution which fitted best for themselves when installing.
- DALI lighting control of over 600 fittings
- Integration of climate control with Siemens BMS
- Integration of pool controls for lighting and water features for the main exterior swimming pool, plunge pool, interior pool, and hot tub
- Movable glazed panel to open and close access to the exterior portion of hot tub
- Control of a skylight for the sauna ventilation
- Colour change LED control via direct KNX drivers and DMX gateways
- Control of ventilation and gas extraction for bespoke hob in kitchen
- Integration with exterior pond lighting, waterfalls, and other water features
- Control of lighting from Bang & Olufsen
- Integration with interior door controls to allow principle and guest areas to be dynamically separated
- Control interfaces included iPad and iPhone with a bespoke interface via Crestron, Bang & Olufsen remotes and a management interface via web browser.
In addition to the KNX backbone, Reality Logic also installed, commissioned and integrated a large audio/video system with Bang & Olufsen, Kaleidescape movie servers, satellite and digital television, internet radio, karaoke systems, and even custom code to increase integration with B&O streaming devices.
Moreover, the company also designed and deployed a sophisticated LAN, including the implementation of a large network of Ruckus wireless access points using a combination of CAT6 and fiber cabling to support an internal and external Wifi that is heated where required to enable full operation through the harsh Russian winter.
The KNX system used hardware from Gira, Theben, Weinzierl, and Arcus. A particular feature was the use of almost 30 Basalte EVE frames in polished chrome to mount iPads for the control interfaces. The majority of the walls are made from 400mm round logs, presenting a real challenge for mounting.
The Project was implemented by Reality Logic Limited
Reality Logic Limited
28 Harsfold Road
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram - @realitylogic
Reality Logic is KNX partner since 2007 and has used it as a core technology since then. The company is specialized in successfully delivering full solutions featuring all aspects of automation and audio/video including integration with Crestron, AMX, Control4, Kaleidescape, Bang & Olufsen and other high-end products and also developed an expertise in delivering commercial solutions, especially in solar shading control. Projects have been delivered throughout the UK, Europe and beyond, including Cape Town in South Africa and Sydney in Australia.
This experience was instrumental in being awarded for the KNX ‘UK Project of the Year in 2010’ for the work with Somfy at One Hyde Park.